Research at BioMET is organized into 4 laboratories and 3 programs, though the faculty's interest overlap to a large degree.
BioMET Scientific Programs
- Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology - W. Jonathan Lederer, Head
- Laboratory of Nanobiology - Joseph P.Y. Kao, Head
- Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Diseases - Mervyn Monteiro, Head
- Laboratory for Prion Diseases - Ilia Baskakov, Head
- Program in Cancer Biology - Shengyun Fang, Head
- Program in Cell Structure and Development - Bruce Vogel, Head
- Program in Mitochondrial Dynamics - Mariusz Karbowski, Head
Multiple bioimaging techniques are employed and link the scientific interests of BioMET faculty. Real-time imaging has become increasingly important to follow biological processes as they occur. View a movie highlighting a number of different research projects.